MineScape replicates a number of skills found in old school Runescape, currently the skills represented are primarily based on those available in the Free-to-Play servers of Runescape.
Skills are a player's attributes that can be advanced throughout the game. Skills are trained by repetitive actions that give experience in the skill, until enough experience is earned for the next level. Some skills allow players to cook, chop down trees, make fires, use magic, make runes and more. Some skills are "interlaced", meaning that they can be used together. For example, logs obtained from Woodcutting can be used for Firemaking, and fires from Firemaking can be used for Cooking.
Skills currently implemented:
- Attack - Allows players to wield stronger melee weapons and fight more accurately in melee.
- Defense - Allows players to wear stronger armour and decrease chance of being hit
- Ranged - Allows players to fight with missiles and projectiles from a distance.
- Magic - Allows players to cast spells and teleportation.
- Runecrafting - Allows players to make runes from Rune Essence using altars. These are needed to cast spells.
- Hitpoints - Allows players to sustain more damage.
- Crafting - Allows players to create items, from arrows to ranged armour.
- Mining - Allows players to obtain ores from rocks.
- Smithing - Allows players to smelt ores into bars and smith bars into armour and weapons.
- Fishing - Allows players to catch fish.
- Cooking - Allows players to cook food. The food can then be eaten to heal players' hitpoints.
- Firemaking - Allows players to make fires.
- Woodcutting - Allows players to cut down trees to obtain logs.
- Agility - Allows players to use shortcuts by increasing movement speed and jump height.
- Farming - Allows players to harvest plants (fruits, vegetables, herbs, trees, etc.).
- Prayer - Allows players to achieve special buffs by burying bones.
A child skill is a skill that is not levelled in a normal way.